Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hold Him, do not let Him go.

I look ahead at the curves in the road, a sense of dread floods over my thoughts. What lies ahead? Difficulties? Rough places? Springs of water? All of it so unknown. Looking down to my feet I scrape off the caked mud that coats my swollen skin. Few footprints mark this road ahead.  Every groove of each foot showing in the dirt below. Darting my gaze in front of me, almost missing it, I watch Him wind the curve ahead. As He drifts from my view, the tears begin to roll once again down my face. I am reminded yet again that the steps ahead of me are paved by my wonderful, gracious Savior. And with a new sense of determination, I march on ahead, following Him.

The next year of 2015 is in full swing. And life sure hasn't slowed down. God has been doing a lot. We started the CWS back in August, and now 5 months later, He has brought so many people and has done so much. It can be easy to look at the hard things, the difficulties of starting up a group, the loneliness you can feel, get caught up in doubts and fears and forget all of what He has done and is doing. That is what God wants me to focus on.

I read today in Exodus about Moses. He said in Exodus 4:10-12
Then Moses said to the LORD, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue." The Lord said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, even I, the Lord? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."

And then later in Exodus 4:22-23
Then Moses returned to the Lord and said, "O Lord, why have You brought harm to this people? Why did You ever send me? Ever since I cam to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has down harm to this people, and You have not delivered Your people at all."

Moses doubted what God had planned. He questioned Him and said, "Why did you ever send me?" I am not less a child of God because I doubt. I am not less in His eyes, but God doesn't want me to focus on those doubts. He wants me to bring them to His feet and wants to teach me how to trust Him. He did have a plan for the Israelites. He did have a plan for Moses. And through the whole thing God wanted to show Moses that His plan can be trusted.


"I have had doubts about God's goodness, doubts about God's love, and doubts about overcoming the stubborn, numerous sins that mar my heart, my character, my relationships, and my witness. Yet, through it all, God, by a miracle of his grace, continues to reveal himself and draw me deeper and closer to him" -Because He Loves Me

I can be encouraged because God does have a plan for me, the CWS group, and Candlewood. And He wants to teach me the same thing, that His plan can be trusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment